“Mindful leadership entails being aware of one’s internal compass. It enables a leader to respond to a situation as it arises, to respond to the reality of constant changes from a place of deep calm and focus, and to have the presence of mind to face the reality of any situation.”
- Maria Gonzalez
Thulani DeMarsay, PhD
HELPING LEADERS & TEAMS EXPAND CAPACITY
I am a leadership coach, organizational development consultant, and researcher deeply invested in reimagining the future of leadership.
For over 20-years, I’ve had the privilege of working with a diverse population of leaders. Today, I work closely with senior and emerging leaders who want to lead from a place of mindfulness and inner-wisdom. I assist my clients and their teams with building inner capacity so they can respond more mindfully to disruption, change, and uncertainty.
Additionally, I am passionate about developing innovative trainings and workshops that inspire dialogue, critical self-reflection, and individual and group transformation. I am currently researching how reflective practices such as mindfulness and meditation help reduce unconscious bias and help to foster an inclusive climate.
I completed my doctoral degree in Human Development from Fielding Graduate University. My dissertation research explored the ways that contemplative practices such as mindfulness, meditation, centering prayer, and yoga foster resilience to stress and improve leadership effectiveness.
My Specialties Include:
- Contemplative Leadership Development
- Mindfulness Training to Reduce Bias
- Racial Equity and Inclusion Training
- Organizational Development
- Mindful Change Management
- Visioning & Planning
- Leadership Wellness
Some of My Clients
- Boston Medical Center
- Boston Public Health Commission
- Martha’s Vineyard Public Schools
- Mass General Brigham
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery
- Saks Fifth Avenue, Beverly Hills
- University of Rhode Island
My CORE VALUES
- Excellence: Skillfully offer first-rate services
- Integrity: Honest and open in my business practices
- Leadership: Lead by example, humility and curiosity
- Innovation: Committed to staying current and advancing my practice
- Philanthropy: Make positive contributions to causes that matter to me
- Service: Contribute my gifts and talents in the service of others
- PhD and MA in Human Development, Fielding Graduate University
- Master of Management in Leadership and Organizational Development, Cambridge College
- BA in Psychology, Health Concentration, Cambridge College
- Diversity and Inclusion, Cornell University
- Flow Coach, Flow Education Alliance
- Neuro Linguistic Programming, NLP Training Group (UK)
What I'm Reading Now
how I can help
Leaders who are healthy and fit are more productive. A leader’s ability to be productive and fully engaged is a result of emotional, physical, and psychological well-being.
Learn concrete triggers and techniques to access flow so you and your team can work (create) in an optimal state. Learn to internalize flow so it becomes a mindset and lifestyle.
Learn tools for behavior change and how to lead a balanced life with mindfulness for stress reduction. Discover which foods optimize brain health and aid in repairing the body.
This training examines the nature of unconscious bias and its impact in the workplace. It explores the science behind mindfulness and how it interrupts automatic, habitual responses.
Feel free to reach out with any questions.